Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hi from Alex

Dear Mrs Morgan and Room 4

We found the temperature hot too.  Our hotel was new Chinatown too.  I was so hot, at China town I got a new cotton dress to wear!  We went went on the Singapore Flyer too, it was fun. We saw over 40 boats in the harbour - it was a great view. We went on a double decker bus to sightsee. 

We slept at the airport for a little bit then flew to Moscow at 2am in the morning. I only slept a little bit on the plane. I watched Garfield, Smurfs, Little Einsteins, the Epic movie on my own tv screen.

In Moscow there are lots of old buildings. We saw inside cathedrals, and I stood in the Red Square. We saw St Basil's cathedral, it was beautiful. We went inside it, and I will send a postcard of it. I chose a Russian doll with 10 dolls to buy. It is purple and has glitter on it.  We have had a nice lady show us places, and walked by ourselves too. A nice air hostess called Weinshan, from Singapore who looked after us on a flight, joined us for tea last night. She is really nice and always has a smile. She is learning to speak more English, and is very good at speaking Mandarin. 

Tomorrow we are catching a train to St Petersburg.  It is 5pm here right now. It is 1am in New Zealand, so you will be in bed right now!  I have tried lots of new foods here. It is fun travelling with Grandma.  I am watching TV and people are speaking Russian. I don't understand it but it is still fun to see. 

From Alex :)